Sunday, January 2, 2011

Resolutions: Part 3

Check out Part 1 here and Part 2 here .

3. Get in shape. How original, right? Well, I was doing okay until the holidays came around and kicked my ass.  For some reason, I treated it as a free-for-all and ate every delicious/horrible thing you can imagine. I won't even get into the specifics, it will make you sick.  So starting today, I'm going to record everything I put into my body. This way, I'm accountable for everything. Hmm . . . maybe I'll post it in here?  Anyway, I've been over this before, but I just keep gradually putting on the pounds year after year. I'd like to get down to a weight that I feel is better for my body and try to STAY there. Especially if I plan on having a baby within the next couple years. I want to start it with a healthy in-shape body and already be used to healthy eating habits, so that I have the best chance of not gaining too much during pregnancy.

My husband is in on this with me, which makes it a lot easier and more fun.  He's training for a half marathon so he's motivated. I'm training for bathing suit season, which is also motivating. My plan is an hour at the gym at least four days a week, writing down everything I eat, low carb, high protein and tons of water.

4. Get my writing career on track. This year was full of big accomplishments for me. I actually started making money! I got a lot of new clients with some awesome contracts. The problem is, I still have to learn how to say no. Which means that I'm completely overwhelmed with social media work. I have mixed feelings about it. Ultimately though, being a writer is my goal. I need to get out of the mindset that I should take whatever is offered to me. I can afford to be a little pickier now.

5. Be a more patient person and a better wife :)

No comments:

Post a Comment