Monday, January 24, 2011

Wish List

We'll be getting my husband's bonus as well as our tax returns soon, so I thought, what a perfect time to make a wish list. Frank, are you reading? :)

1. Wells Standing Floor Mirror
from Crate and Barrel
Ever since they put a Crate and Barrel at a mall near us, I've been in love. Sometimes I'll just drive there and walk around for fun. The first time I went in there, it's like the stars aligned and I found my perfect home decor soulmate. 

Let me tell you the story abou the mirror. We have a full length mirror hanging on the back of the closet door. It's the only full length one we have. I use it every day. One day, I was feeling particularly depressed about what I saw in the mirror and I just felt fat. My husband walked over to look in the mirror and as I was looking at his reflection, I realized that he looked distorted. The mirror made him look shorter and wider. Then I realized something amazing. The mirror was warped. Yeah, it buckles out in the middle and is kind of C shaped. So it makes you look squatter than you are. 

We saw this bad boy and Crate and Barrel and realized we needed to invest in a REAL mirror. One made out of real glass, with a thick sturdy frame. This will greatly help me to avoid some major self esteem melt downs.

2. Glass lamp with Drum Shade


I want new lamps with drum shades. Not this exact style but something similar. Our lamps just have the typical cone shaped lamp shades and they are kind of ugly. I think we could score some at Marshalls' or TJMaxx for a decent price though. I want two for the living room and two for the bedroom. 

3. Trellis Linen Drum Shade Pendant

While we're on the subject, I really want to replace the chandelier above our dining room table. It's just not my style, it's too ornate. This would be the perfect replacement. Actually, I want this EXACT one. And at $150, I think that's a good price. Plus, the one we have is in perfect shape and we could definitely sell it on Ebay or Craigslist. 

4. Fabric, in one of these patterns, to make throw pillows with. Something gray with a bold graphic print. 

5. A pair of Hunter boots, in Gray


Can you tell I like gray?

6. I would also like to remove, refinish and paint our kitchen cabinets white.

This is definitely NOT our kitchen (I wish). Maybe a summer project?

1 comment:

  1. main reason i should really get to filing my taxes soon is so i can get that fat refund check! i could use it! :P

    ReplyDelete