Saturday, February 19, 2011

*If you're not currently dieting or trying to lose weight, this will probably be boring to you. Apologies in advance, this rant is mainly a way to kick my own butt into gear!


For the first month or so of dieting, i was all "OMG this is so easy, why doesn't everyone do it?" and then in month #2, karma stepped in to kick my ass. Yeah, it's not easy. The eating healthy part is pretty easy, the exercising part is easy, but the actual losing weight? It's hard.

You see, I've stalled. I feel like I'm still doing everything right, but I'm just not seeing the number on the scale go down as quickly as it was before. This makes sense I guess. But what you should know about me, is that I'm an incredibly impatient person. If things are working out without a hitch, I go full speed ahead. But the moment I can't achieve my goal right now, I start to slip.

So this explains why I got totally frustrated about the lack of weight loss, started eating way under my recommended calorie intake, and then binged all weekend because I felt so deprived. Not good. It involved eating a ton of pizza on Thursday night, snacking on a platter of fried food at bowling last night, an ice cream cone and other not-so-good things throughout Thurs and Friday.

Today, I'm feeling like crap. I'm SO bloated from all the excess salt, I'm sleepy and I can't poop. It's time to get back on track and break through this plateau in a healthy way. So instead of pouting about it and placating myself with calories (like I've been doing all weekend), I think I need to get ahold of myself and start over. So starting now (no, not tomorrow or Monday), I'm going to try to do a week of completely clean eating. Lots of fruits and veggies, low carb, high protein meals. No white flour or sugar (whew, the sugar thing is going to be hards, goodbye french vanilla Coffeemate). Four bottles of water per day (my bottle is 24 oz) and at least four days of cardio. Three days of weight training. And no depriving myself if I'm hungry. If I start to feel carb-starved and tired, I'll eat some brown rice or other healthy carb. I'm going to eat 6 small meals a day to try to get my metabolism back on track.

And here's the biggie. I'm not going to weigh myself again until Thursday morning. That will give my body some time to get rid of all that retained water, it will give my sore, sore muscles time to become un-inflamed (is that a word?) Because when I weigh myself after a day of hard weight-training, I'm always disappointed by the extra water weight. And I usually do my two hard weigh training days on Thursday and Sunday.

Sorry if this post was irrelevant to you. I just really needed to give myself a mental pep talk. For all of the internet to see ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment