Sunday, October 9, 2011

I touched a lot of goat this weekend.

This weekend was kind of awesome. Frank had Friday off and it was gorgeous, so I agreed to go golfing. I actually have a good set of golf clubs but have never used them. I golfed better than I thought I would AND I got to drive the golf cart, bonus.

Frank took some lame pictures of me, and I took an awesome one of him:

I spent the rest of the afternoon staining and painting the front porch and steps while Frank napped (can you sense my frustration?). He's not one for manual labor, or at least manual labor involving paintbrushes. We sat around until 9, when we suddenly both got the urge to go to the gym, mainly because nothing else was going on. He made me do some ridiculous cross-fit stuff until I felt like I was going to throw up. Then we went home and watched Something Borrowed which almost made me dry heave due to the cheesiness. Frank said he liked it though, he's more into the cheesiness than I am. I wanted to strangle both Ginnifer Goodwin and Kate Hudson, mainly due to their respective obnoxious laughs. The only redeeming part of the movie was John Krasinski and he didn't even get the girl in the end. Jim, you're better off without that cackling sloot.

On Saturday morning I went to the gym again and did some cardio and then took a yoga class. I'm really getting into yoga because all that downward dog is really strengthening my shoulders, yo. And did you see what I did right there? I told you that I went to the gym two days in a row!

Then we went over to Frank's sister's house to steal her kids for a few hours and take them to a fall festival. See, I love to do fall kind of stuff like festivals and pumpkin patches but Frank's not really into it. So if I use the kids as an excuse to go, he thinks I'm just being a good aunt. 

Izzy really wanted to ride a pink pony but she settled for this white one.

Zach said about the Carnie-zombie enthusiast petting zoo owner: "That lady was really nice for letting us feed her goats and ride her ponies."

And we waited forty. five. minutes. to get our faces painted because it was important. We were really impressed with the kids' patience and dedication for waiting in line for so long. You could tell it was really important to them. We, on the other hand, were not patient. Frank disappeared and came back with a beer a few times. He also almost had to throw down on some line cutters. (PS $5 for face painting? $10 if you wanted the whole face painted? I'm in the wrong industry.)

Also, this happened:

Every time we have the kids, we follow up by asking each other, "So did that make you want to have kids now or not want to have kids now?" We both decided we were neutral. We love those kids and have so much fun with them, but it's e.x.h.a.u.s.t.i.n.g.

After a quick nap (and a pizza to the face) I got ready and we went out downtown to celebrate two of our friends' birthdays. We got bored of downtown and ended up at the casino, mainly because of the cheap beer and priceless people-watching opportunities. When I started falling asleep at the casino bar (I can't hang anymore) we all went back to our house, made grilled cheese sandwiches and chili for everyone and passed out. It was a fun night.

Now it's Sunday night and I really have to buckle down and get a ton of work done this week. Why? Because next week we're heading to a beach resort in Galveston (a work conference for frank) and I would like to do as little work as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment