Wednesday, December 15, 2010

This is how it goes.

Working at home on the internet can open you up to a world of distraction. Here's how this morning went so far:


  • Opened up my computer. Oooh. My google reader is up. Read thirty blogs.
  • Stop reading blogs. Time to do work. Start typing in "gmail.com" but my unconscious mind takes over and somehow I have typed in "facebook.com". Has this ever happened to you? It happens to me all the time. 
  • Check my newsfeed on the Book. Read the comments from the picture I posted last night of my husband, at the movies. I kid you not, this pose and outfit (including shoes) was unintentional:


  • Realize that I'm totally procrastinating because I'm totally in a work-rut right now and hate what I'm doing. 
  • Google "existential crisis".
  • Forward wikipedia existential crisis link to my husband. 
  • In my Gmail for real this time. There's an email from my mom. 
  • Respond to my mom's email, which takes about 20 minutes. I spill my guts about hating my job, the job I have worked so hard to create for myself. Other things too. 
  • Sign into Hootsuite to start working some social media magic. Look on the stream for MY twitter and click on a link for an updated blog I follow. End up reading about 30 more blogs.
  • Sign into Blogger to waste even more time and tell you about it. 
Now it's noon and I haven't done any work today FML. 

No comments:

Post a Comment